I am Andrés Fielbaum, Mathematical Engineer and Ph.D. in Engineering Systems by Universidad de Chile. My main fields of research are public transport, transportation networks, new transportation technologies, and transport-related algorithms. I am currently a postdoc in the Cognitive Robotics Department at TU Delft, analyzing on-demand ridepooling systems.
- I’ve been awarded the VI Prize Abertis Chile, to the best thesis defended during 2019 on Infrastructure and Transport Services (November 2020).
- I am presenting in January our work on Unreliability in on-demand ridepooling systems at the Eureka Webinar, organized by the Department of Spatial Economics of VU Amsterdam (November 2020).
- I’ve presented papers at INFORMS 2020 and ISTS 2020 (videos available for attendants only) (November 2020).
- I’ve written an opinion column (in Spanish) about new transport app’s, their working conditions and their potential for future transport systems. In Palabra Pública, the magazine from Universidad de Chile (November 2020).
- Two new Journal papers on Unreliability in on-demand ridepooling systems (October 2020).
- Two new Journal papers on Public transport design (October 2020).
- I’ve participated in the academic seminar “Algoritmos de plataformas y derechos de los trabajadores” (October 2020, in Spanish).