I am Andrés Fielbaum, Mathematical Engineer and Ph.D. in Engineering Systems. My main fields of research are public transport, transportation networks, new transportation technologies, and transport-related algorithms. I am currently a postdoc in the Autonomous Multi-Robots Lab (Cognitive Robotics Department) at TU Delft, analyzing on-demand ridepooling systems with Professor Javier Alonso-Mora.
I got my Ph.D. at Universidad de Chile under the supervision of Professor Sergio Jara-Díaz (2019), and before that I got my degree as Engineer and as an M.Sc. in Transportation Engineering at the same University (2014). I have also worked as a researcher in Universidad de O’Higgins, and as the main lecturer in different courses at Universidad de Chile and Universidad Federico Santa María.
- Our paper ‘Group-based Distributed Auction Algorithms for Multi-Robot Task Assignment‘, co-authored with Xiaoshan Bai, Maximilian Kroenmuller, Luzia Knoedler, and Javier Alonso-Mora, is forthcoming at IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (May 2022).
- I will be presenting our paper «How to split the costs and charge the travellers sharing a ride? aligning system’s optimum with users’ equilibrium» in the AGCO Seminar next Wednesday 13/04 at 3 PM (GMT-4, April 2022).
- I am giving a talk about «Improvements in the assignment decisions between users and vehicles in On-Demand Ridepooling» at Universidad de O’Higgins (March 28th, in Spanish).
- I will be presenting our research on the potential and challenges of on-demand ridepooling at the University of Maryland (March 14th), Georgia Tech (March 16th), and Universidad de Chile (March 23rd in a hybrid session in Spanish).
- The recording of our special session «On-demand services and public transport networks – the prospects of synergy», co-organized with Profs. Javier Alonso-Mora and Oded Cats, are now available online (February 2022).
- I am giving an online talk at The School of Civil Engineering, University of Sydney “On-demand ridepooling: Potential and challenges”. This will take place on 02/February at 11:45 AM, Sydney time (February 2022).
- Our special session «On-demand services and public transport networks – the prospects of synergy», co-organized with Profs. Javier Alonso-Mora and Oded Cats, is taking place at 16/February/2022, 15:30 CET. This is in the context of the Conference Reinventing the City, held by the AMS Institute. All the details here! (January 2022).
- Our paper «On-Demand Grocery Delivery From Multiple Local Stores With Autonomous Robots», co-authored with Maximilian Kroenmuller and Javier Alonso-Mora, has been published in the Proceedings of the 2021 International Symposium on Multi-Robot and Multi-Agent Systems (December 2021).
- Our paper «How to split the costs and charge the travellers sharing a ride? Aligning system’s optimum with users’ equilibrium», co-authored with Rafal Kucharski, Oded Cats, and Javier Alonso-Mora, has just been published in the European Journal of Operational Research (November 2021).
- I am giving a talk «Analysis and improvement of on-demand ridepooling systems» in the be-weekly Seminar at the Learning and Autonomous Control Section of the 3ME Faculty at TU Delft (November 2021).
- I’ve presented our paper «Anticipatory routing methods for an on-demand ridepooling mobility system» in the Chilean Conference of Transport Engineering (October 2021).
- I’ve presented our paper » How to split the costs among travellers sharing a ride? Aligning system’s optimum with users’ equilibrium» at INFORMS 2021. Video available here (October 2021).
- I’ve been invited to chair and present in a special session «Working as a driver for a ridehaling or delivery app» («El trabajo de conducción en plataformas de pasajeros y de reparto») in the Chilean Conference of Transport Engineering (October 2021).
- I’ve been invited to present a talk entitled «Strategic design of public transport networks, frequencies and bus sizes» at the Smart Public Transport Lab Webinar (September 2021).
- Our paper «Towards a geographically even level of service in on-demand ridepooling», co-authored with Pieter Schuller and Javier Alonso-Mora, was presented at the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference 2021. Video (presented by P. Schuller) available here (September 2021).
- Our paper entitled «Anticipatory routing methods for an on‑demand ridepooling mobility system», co-authored with Maximilian Kronmueller and Javier Alonso-Mora, has just been published in Transportation (September 2021).
- I’ve presented our work «Potential of On-Demand Ridepooling as a complement for Public Transport» in the Workshop «Investigation and Development with public transport data», organized by the public transport agency from Santiago Chile (August 2021). Video available here (in Spanish).
- We have just uploaded our pre-print «New sources of economies and diseconomies of scale in on-demand ridepooling systems and comparison with public transport» co-authored with Alejandro Tirachini and Javier Alonso-Mora (July 2021).
- I’ve written an opinion piece (in Spanish) for SOCHITRAN, the Chilean Society of Transport Engineering. It is entitled «Transporte, nuevas tecnologías, trabajo y nueva Constitución» [«Transportation, new techonologies, jobs and new Constitution»] (July 2021).